Monday, July 17, 2006

Picture This

You're walking down the beach (Indiana Dunes to be exact) and you come across something strange. An old crazy looking guy has a shovel, not a beach shovel, but an industrial strength shovel, and he's digging a moat around a 6ft tall pile of sand. Out in the water, two teenage boys are digging a hole in the sand. Yes, digging a hole in the sand, underwater. They're making a pile of sand, trying to get the top of it out of the water, and it isn't quite working (the waves wash off the top each time). The older one lays down on the pile of sand in the water and yells, "I'm a beached whale! A beached whale... I mean, beached rhino!!"


Yesterday was beach day.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I bet you had lots of free sand around your blanket, though. I know I'd give this crew plenty of room.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! I don't HAVE to imagine it... i was there to see the horror! (and i'm still
recovering)